Sunday, October 31, 2010

Teacher Post #3

The first post I commented on was called "We Should Listen to the Kids!" She is basically saying that students don't get the opportunity to voice their opinions. It's been taught that teacher's are always right and student's shouldn't have to have a say! She also posted a video of a little girl speaking about this issue! Here is the comment I left:
Hi! I am from Dr. Strange's EDM31 class at the University of South Alabama. This young lady on here really makes people realize the importance of a child/students opinion. There is so much teacher's can learn from a student's reaction or statement. It's important for teacher's to give the students the ability to comment and have discussions among themselves. It's important for students to be heard and since they don't have the power that teacher's have it's important that we teacher's give them the ability to speak out! We are definitely never to old to learn from a child! Thank you for the blog! I appreciate it!


Here is the video of the little girl!





The second post I commented on was called, "Are Task Boards Useful in the Classroom?". Jenny basically was saying how she used her task boards for younger grades to ensure the learning takes place. She states most children can't stand to sit in a desk and have a teacher teach for long periods of time. Task boards give them the option to have groups and move from different activities! Here is what I posted on her blog:
Hi! I'm a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class and I agree with task boards being important for students especially in lower grades! I think having them in groups to learn is great and a good way, like you said to separate the different types of learners and levels! I think it's great you are giving the children the ability to stay on the computer until the project is done! I think it's important for them to love the computer and learn how to do fun things on it! Also, modifying the task board itself is a great way to implement a new and fun way to use them. As a teacher you have to be able to modify and adjust to what your students like! Thanks for the post! Check out my blog at doughertycarlyedm310.blogspot.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment