Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

The most important thing Ken Robinson said in this video is about giving student's medicine. There has been a huge jump in children being diagnosed with ADD/ADHD in past few years. I think it is a cop-out. Teacher's don't want to change the way they have been teaching for years. They can't seem to deal with a student needed more interaction and movement and think medicine is the way to fix this. Unfortunately you are suppressing the ability of this child to express him/herself artistically or any other way. Maybe you should think about changing your way of teaching and let the children move around and experience a different education. Maybe they would be more apt to pay attention! I agreed with everything he said. I have seen videos of his before. He's a great speaker with great insight to the education reform! I don't have any classes other than this in the college of education. In the Physical and Health building I feel some classes teacher's just expect you to learn and be there and sit in your chair and just hope you pass. Other classes are more involved and teacher's give the students the ability to express opinions and learn from each other and be a better student. I think it's important when, as a student, you run across a video and a speaker like this, that you show other prospective teachers. It's important to do research and look at other blogs and videos and learn as much as you can to improve the educational experience of the student. This project was so great! I wish I could figure out how they did it! I think I would probably be the narrator. I like to speak and read things. I'm not very artistic so I think I would be a good narrator!


1 comment:

  1. Carly,
    I thought you made some great points in your AA#3. I agreed with many of the things you said. Especially the argument about giving so many children medicine for ADD and ADHD. You mentioned it could take away their ability to express themselves in an artistic way. Well put, I think that is true, too many children and being diagnosed with such things like ADD and not given the chance from teachers, parents and doctors to find the learning styler best suited for that student. Great post, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete