Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog #9

Mr. McClung wrote a blog on his experiences of his first year teaching! He had some great insight and advice for the future teachers! First he mentioned about him only thinking of himself. He thought about his superiors watching him and he forgot about who is most important, the students. He mentioned that communication and technology are very important in the classroom as well listening to the students. They don't have the voice and authority that a teacher has so why not listen to them and give them that voice? He also said not to be afraid of technology and not to worry about perfect lesson plans! Lesson plans don't usually go as planned. He said not to take that to heart and not to be yourself up about not having class go exactly to plan. I responded to his post with:
Mr. McClung, 
My name is Carly Dougherty and I am currently enrolled in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. This is a wonderful blog to read for first year teachers! I agree that communication is one of the most important aspects. Communication with students and with faculty/administrators. i agree with technology use. In this age we have to fully embrace the capacity of technology. It is important to teachers as well as students to be able to know and use technology in and outside of the classroom. I feel like as a teacher I would want my lesson plans to go the way I wrote them and would beat myself if they didn't. I'm glad you posted that you were like that and had to get out of the mindset in order to succeed. I also agree that a teacher you must continuously do learning. Just like doctors and nurses, they have to continually learn what they do. There are so many websites and articles and video to read and watch for teachers that it makes it easy to continue learning. You just have to make yourself want to do it. Again thank you for sharing your first year experiences with all the new/upcoming teachers! I really appreciate your words!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carly!
    I thought Mr. McClung's post was very inspiring and will help us future teachers be successful. I agree with what you had to say about his post and I can't wait to use his advice in the future. Great post, keep up the good work!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete