Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog #5

Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

I think this video was very interesting. It really showcased the importance of using different technology vices in the classroom. I think it gives the teacher the ability to have students hear different aspects of education and it gives them a different way to learn. I think it also gives the students the ability to be creative and learn how to do podcasts. If I were going to be a teacher in the classroom (I'm going into Physical Education) I would really try to incorporate podcasts into the classroom. It is a way to always keep your lessons you've taught near and gives the students the ability to go back and listen.

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

This is so great for young kids to experience! It teaches them technology in a fun and useful way. They sound like they are having such a great time and really understanding the abilities of podcasts. Like mentioned before, it gives student's a way to keep up with what they have done through out the year and are able to share all of their projects with other people! The kids seem so excited to do these kind of things and just think they are so young! Imagine what they will be able to do when they are older, just because they started so young!

Education Podcasting Network

This is a great site to get started with. It's easy to navigate and it's great to see other teachers working hard to get podcasts started. It makes it something to really think about. Before having to read about podcasts and listen to them, I knew nothing about them. I didn't realize the ease and creativity that comes from doing them. Podcasts give the students the critical learning lessons of technology. I think it is so interesting. I would love to start a podcast, but of course I would have to think of a topic first! Anyways, there are only positive things to say about podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment